Someone pointed out that the “Mr Equator”-strategy was perhaps not something I was strong at. This is true.
Mr Equator shows up in Flying Circus episode nine.
Mr Equator Good evening. My name is Equator, Mr Equator Equator. Like round the middle of the Earth, only with an L. (wheezing laugh) This is my wife Audrey, she smells a bit but she has a heart of gold.
Audrey Hello, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Victor There must have been some kind of misunderstanding, because this is not the...
Mr Equator Who's that then?
Mr Equator Who's the bird?
Mr Equator You got a nice pair there haven't you love. (puts hand on Iris's boobs and gives a wet kiss; Iris screams) Shut up you silly bitch, it was only a bit of fun.
Victor Now look here ...
Lately I’ve been getting a lot of spam, more than earlier. All of this spam has the dubious quality of having horrible grammar. Here is an example: The title says honourable biig 0rgaasm and the body contains the text modernistic Peenis enhansementt.
Apart from that I’m somewhere between distraught, angry and depressed. Not sure which. I’m considering consulting a psychologist because it sucks to feel this way. I feel lonely and nothing really pleases me and I can’t seem to see a way out of it. This morning I was so pissed off I hit my door frame. The trouble was that I missed and hit my wrist instead of my fist and it hurt like hell and I was seriously afraid I had damaged something…
This easter I went to Paris with some friends, and I managed to manipulate them into seeing Père Lachaise, the famous cemetery where Oscar, Jim, Yves, Simone and others are buried. I really wanted to see the grave of Victor Noir, who lies cast in bronze on his own monument exactly as he died, with a hard on (as some get when they die, the ultimate high, I guess). The others found my fascination with this slightly macabre. I wonder why. I didn’t know the name of Victor then so I failed to find the grave, I googled it when I returned home. C’est la vie.
Some more info on Victor Noir’s grave with info on the myths concerning his penis is here and here.
The day after, we visited the catacombs. I have never seen so many dead people in one place.
I wish I had visited more cemeteries in Paris. The one at Montmartre is full of cats and the one in Montparnasse has the graves of Baudelaire, Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre (among many other french writers).
Apart from that, we saw the regular sights and ate the food. I liked Paris more than I thought I would. I thought it would be more dirty.
I’m definitely going back there some day.
After a little digging on the internet, I found this. A real “necronomicon”, a book bound in human leather.
I had to lie on one of these simply because I have no hair and if I had it wouldn’t be colored.
|Your Hair Should Be Purple
Intense, thoughtful, and unconventional.
You’re always philosophizing and inspiring others with your insights.
French red wine + cheese plate @ altona = 😀
This night was weird. I met one former fellow student, one former co-worker, one former fellow high-school student, one former fellow bandy-player and a whole bunch of SATS-people of both sexes trying to hit on eachother. Women with good shoulders and men with shaved heads and bodies the size of walls. The room actually fell silent when we entered. We’re not that sexy, they must have been desperate.
1. I’ll respond with something random I like about you.
2. I’ll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I’ll name something we should do together.
4. I’ll say something that only makes sense to you and me (or just me).
5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I’ll leave you a quote that is somehow appropriate to you.
7. I’ll ask you something that I’ve always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal
I stole this from an article in Popular Science
Known facts confirmed by science:
1. Combining Drugs and Alcohol is Bad For You (no shit!)
2. Gun-Toting Drivers are More Prone to Road Rage (duuh)
3. Too Many Meetings Make You Grumpy (wow!)
4. Faraway Objects Are Tougher to See (really?)
5. The Beer-Google Effect is a Bona Fide Phenomenon (I don’t drink enough to notice it)
6. Swallowing More Than One Magnet is Dangerous (what do you expect?)
7. Smoking Cigarettes Costs You Money (you’re freaking me out here…)
8. Memory and Concentration Fade With Age (I’ll keep that in mind)
9. Women Like Funny Men (they do?)
10. Time Flies When You’re Busy (thank god for cognitive science)
“Facts” disproved by science:
1. Kids love santa (they don’t)
2. Expect the Worst, and You Won’t Be Disappointed (you will!)
3. You Can’t Teach an Old Dog New Tricks (…and you can.)
Dagbladet has an article on some interesting dates. Flaggermus reported about the date 010203040506 earlier, in Europe, this time/date configuration will come about on the 4th of May. In June we’ll have an absolutely satanic date on 06/06/06 at six minutes and six seconds after six. A similar divine happening will take place on the seventh of June. I feel forced to quote the Pixies now: “If man is five, then the devil is six and if the devil is six then God is seven (…) this monkey’s gone to heaven…”
The essence is that I like numerology, but I guess you understood that.
This is a great article found on Digg.